The love of my life................ don't worry, I'm referring to sarcasm xD

Most people who know me are terrified of me. It's not that I look demoniac or intimidating or anything, I'm not even very tall or strong. After much thought, I've reached a rather remarkable, conclusion. I think, I'm not even sure if I'm right here, but I just have this feeling that maybe, its because I possess something that will tear into your soul like an arrow stinging an apple: sarcasm.

This sarcasm is something my  parents wholly disapprove of and that is precisely why its appeal is magnified all the more.  I mean, isn't it human to be drawn towards anything that is frowned upon or prohibited? I cannot count the number of occasions where I have been scalded awfully for the absence of my discretion and sensitivity. Over the past few months, however, my father has come around and begun appreciating my sarcasm though. Well, that probably because he's reconciled to the reality of his being my prime target at all time or he's realised that I target him most because I know perfectly comprehends my sarcasm EVERY time and hits back with a pretty nasty retort of his own.

Now, from the picture I'm painting, you might think sarcasm is an indispensable asset and take it into your head to be an incorrigible Smart Alec with your teacher at school or something. I am, therefore, going to warn you that that is the MOST RIDICULOUS thing you can possibly do because it gets you into troubled waters so deep that it'll be a miracle if you manage to come out alive. I say this principally because of the obvious snag that the teacher isn't going to understand your stroke of brilliance and your talent is going to fade into thin air, unappreciated and unrecognised. Oh and there's also a very small; trust me, rather miniscule probability that she'll hit the roof and you'll be taken to task by the principle.

At this juncture, I'd like to feature Mr.Winston Churchill in my article. Disregarding every single one of his infinite short-comings, I'll have to say that he was THE master of sarcasm. An oft-quoted instance that illustrates this would be his summary dismissal of Nancy Astor. Apparently, she was a snarky journalist who gave him a piece of her mind and said 'If I were your wife, I'd poison your coffee.' Churchill, calm as ever, replied, saying 'Well madam, with all due respect. If I were your husband, I'd gladly drink it.' Now if doesn't tell you how fantastic sarcasm is, I honestly don't know what will!






 

Comments

Popular Posts